EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSISTANT TEACHER (accepting applications through February 28, 2021).
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must have at least a high school education.
- Applicant must have six months experience working with children preschool age or younger in a group setting.
- Applicant is required to have completed TECE I, the High School Early Childhood Career Pathway, and/or six college credits (3 in early childhood education and 3 in child development).
- An interest in helping children develop self-esteem, independence, respect for others, and an appreciation of God’s world is essential.
- An assistant teacher needs: a warm and congenial personality, a positive approach in handling children’s behavior, flexibility, respect for the differences and individual needs of children.
- Assistant teacher must be comfortable with basic Protestant beliefs.
- Applicant must be in good health. A physical examination is required prior to starting employment.
- Assistant teacher must be willing to study and use new ideas, and to take advantage of in-service training (such as membership in professional organizations, attendance at workshops and conferences, reading of early childhood materials, etc…). Nine hours of training per year is required.
- Background Check required.
- Negative COVID test required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To cooperate with the lead teacher to help provide a meaningful program for preschool age children.
To assist the lead teacher in preparation of the room and materials daily.
To assist the lead teacher during classroom hours by the lead teacher’s direction.
In the lead teacher’s absence, to act as lead teacher with a substitute as assistant teacher.
To attend regular staff meetings: at the start of the school year as scheduled, then monthly until the end of the year. To attend special parent meetings such as Orientation Night.
To be responsible to the lead teacher and director.
Find the application here.
For more information, contact Stephanie Yerkes at firstname.lastname@example.org